Cubic Zirconia Buyer's Guide
Ziamond Cubic Zirconia Information
What is Ziamond Cubic Zirconia?
Ziamond Cubic Zirconia History
- Ziamond Cubic Zirconia, also called CZ, is the finest laboratory created and lab grown synthetic diamond simulant available. Our cubic zirconia gems are all comparable to the finest mined diamonds available in nature.
- Our cubic zirconia are considerably less expensive than their naturally mined diamond counterparts. The brilliance of Ziamond cubic zirconia and flawless clarity make them the most desirable diamond like and diamond alternative jewelry.
- Ziamond Cubic Zirconia are made of man made materials and are not a naturally mined mineral. Many people mistake Zirconia with the natural mineral Zircon, which is no where near as brilliant or as hard.
- A German mineralogists discovered the natural mineral form of cubic zirconia in 1930's at a single site. It has never been found in nature again.
- In the 1970's Russian scientists were seeking an alternative to natural mined diamonds to be used in the optics of their space laser program. Diamonds were obviously expensive and they needed a plentiful and inexpensive alternative when compared to diamonds. Russian scientists developed Cubic Zirconia that was optically very similar to diamonds and very hard. This form of cubic zirconia is more expensive and tedious to create when compared to conventional commercial grades of cz you see today. Many conventional grades of cubic zirconia you see today in many stores are a watered down and cheaper version of the original Russian form. Ziamond utilizes only the original Russian formula cubic zirconia that are all hand cut and hand polished to exact diamond specifications.
- The most popular current commercial and conventional grades of Cubic Zirconia you see carried by many retailers, department stores and television shopping channels are assimilated and watered down versions of the original cubic zirconia.
- Ziamond cubic zirconia rough crystals are made by melting proprietary powdered zirconium and zirconium dioxide and other trade protected elements together by heating them up to over 5,000ºF and over 5000 lbs per square inch of pressure to emulate natures conditions of turning carbon into diamonds.
Ziamond Cubic Zirconia Quality
- Ziamond cubic zirconia stones are technically comparable to perfect diamonds. Their natural rating would be D in color and Flawless clarity. With the naked eye they could be comparable through VVS1 clarity and G in color.
- Just like natural diamonds, a Ziamond's cut, size and shape will influence how light is refracted and reflected through the stone and will determine the stone's brilliance and shine.
- Ziamond cubic zirconia stones must be processed to exact diamond requirements. All our cubic zirconia are hand cut with precision placed facets to insure maximum refraction. Then they are hand polished utilizing diamond cutting equipment as well as diamond polish, ensuring the maximum brilliance and shine comparable to fine naturally mined diamonds.
- Ziamond cubic zirconia jewelry can be worn, cleaned and polished exactly like diamond jewelry. While conventional cz jewelry recommends a water based cleaner due to the soft and delicate nature of their simulant stones, we suggest an ammonia based cleaner and you can use a steam cleaner or sonic cleaner as well.
Ziamond Cubic Zirconia vs. Genuine Diamonds
- A Ziamond cubic Zirconia stones are vibrant, brilliant, colorless and extremely difficult to distinguish from a natural diamond, and appear identical. Many jewelers would like to think they can tell the difference without testing, but that would only be a 50/50 guess. If it was that easy to tell, Gemologists would not have to attend higher education to receive a diploma and be certified as a Graduate Gemologist with thousands of dollars of equipment to analyze gems and diamonds.
- Diamonds are natural and mined from the earth, Ziamond cubic zirconia is man made and created and grown in a laboratory under a controlled environment.
- Natural mined diamonds are the hardest gemstone in the world, a 10 on the Mohs scale of hardness from 1 to 10. Ziamond cubic zirconia is not quite as hard as a natural diamond, but still measures a very hard and durable 8.9 rating. In fact, most semi-precious stones like amethyst, blue topaz, citrine, emerald, aquamarine are all considerable softer and rank in the 6 to 7.5 range on the Mohs scale.
- Ziamond cubic zirconia are denser than natural diamonds, so they weigh approximately 80% heavier than diamonds. However, you are unable to feel a weight difference just by holding the stones in your hand, a special scale would be required.
- Ziamond cubic zirconia dispersion is slightly greater than a diamond (0.066 vs. 0.044). This refers to the 'fire" of the stone.
- Ziamond's cubic zirconia has a very high refractive index of 2.178, similar to that of a natural diamond at 2.417.
- Ziamond cubic zirconia does not have cleavages and are not as brittle as diamonds could be. Contrary to popular belief, you can crack or chip a diamond.
Ziamond Cubic Zirconia Jewelry Designs
- Ziamond sets its cubic zirconia jewelry in fine diamond jewelry quality mountings and settings. So the same designs that house diamonds, house Ziamond high quality cubic zirconia stones. Our jewelry designs include rings, engagement rings, wedding rings, wedding bands, solitaires, pendants, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, men's rings, men's jewelry, cufflinks other pieces of fine quality jewelry. Ziamond cubic zirconia stones and man made gems are set exclusively in valuable precious metals like 14k gold, 18k gold and luxurious platinum.
- Ziamond man made lab created gems are available in a variety of attractive colors, such as ruby, sapphire, and emerald. Our cubic zirconia are available in various diamond colors such as canary diamond yellow, pink diamond look, blue diamond look, black diamond look, white diamond look, champagne and custom colors and shapes are also available via custom order.
- Ziamond cubic zirconia stones are available in all the same shapes as diamonds. We also offers custom stone cutting services via special order.